Now, I haven’t found any case studies regarding this fact, nonetheless, 87.2% of the people I know ‘indulge’ in this little virtual reality game of life.
Are we, the people of the Facebook community…all just little farmers, screaming to get out?
Warning. Warning. Are you addicted? Take this quiz.
(I’d sure hate to hear you singing the Amy Winehouse song; They tried to make me go to rehab…I said, no, no, no.)
You Know You’re Addicted to FarmVille When:
• You wake-up extra early in the morning to milk cows and harvest your crops before checking your ‘in-box’.
• You drink your latte as you watch you alter ego farmer dodge animals, plant seeds, and put together fruit stands.
• Your colored fruit trees are planted in such a manner, that they spell out your initials.
• Before you decide on which seeds to plant, you actually calculate the profits.
• You’re proud when a friend takes a photo of your farm and posts it on their Facebook page.
• You buy hay and water to feed these virtual non-eating animals.
• You stay up late helping at a neighbors’ farm to earn extra farm money.
• You become depressed when everyone else has a tractor or house and you can’t afford one.
• Your children call you a ‘dork’ because they caught you playing FarmVille when you said you were just reading a book. (Watch out, It’s a dead giveaway when the cows moo and pigs oink.)
• Does your virtual-self, sport a purple-mohawk, yet in reality you’re, a 55+-computer nerd.
If you say ‘YES’ to any or all of these statements, I say, “Buddy you need professional help. It’s all right, if you don’t have a counselor, I can recommend one for you. It will just take me just a second…. I see that I have three chickens ready and I need collect the eggs.”
~Pamela Vanden Bos, Managing Editor
They tried to make me go to rehab…I said, quack, quack, quack.
Visit my website http://pvbos.com
View my tips: http://avenue22.tumblr.com/